Teachers Blogging Article
The New York Daily News has an article about teachers blogging to vent. Kind of interesting...
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/293904p-251551c.html
Any thoughts on this?
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/293904p-251551c.html
Any thoughts on this?


2 Comments:
At 4:10 PM,
Glenn Hervieux said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 4:11 PM,
Glenn Hervieux said…
For the most part I agree with Amy. At the same time, I think these Blogs show a level of desperation that many of us will not experience in the teaching profession. I have enough problems in a small school setting, and can't imagine the deplorable conditions many have to work in. These comments in the article signal to me teachers who are burned out. They need to be encouraged to work at taking control of what they can - what is in their locus of control, if possible. I've had some recent issues that have signaled to me that I am having trouble coping with all the "noise" i.e. parents, the state, school boards, etc., as well as the in-class environment. Either I make the choice to live with it and live with the consequences (blaming no one), or make a change. These teachers need to consider the same thing. It truly is not good to portray to the outside world this kind of chaos in education. Our image already is difficult to keep up with those watching.
Post a Comment
<< Home