Handhelds in Teaching and Learning

Tony Vincent's blog for his graduate class exploring the educational uses of handheld computers.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Planning for Handhelds in Teaching and Learning

I've set up this web log on blogger.com as an example for my Spring 2005 graduate students. I'm requiring each student to maintain a blog to reflect on what he or she learns in and out of class. I'm very interested in reading the blog posts and any comments made to those posts by the class.

Blogging and using handhelds are not so different. You can actually blog from a handheld, read blogs on a handheld, or blog about handhelds. There's lots of possibilities and I know my graduate students will find many connections between the two technologies and apply them to teaching and learning!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Mark Wagner, Ph.D. said…

    Hi, Tony.

    I have become very passionate about blogging in education... and I have a good deal of experience with handhelds in education. Until January 1st, when I moved to the county office, I had spent the previous two school years managing the largest rollout of handheld computers in a California school district... about 1100 stundents and staff at two middle schools. I'd be interested in corresponding with you or your students if that would interest you.

    The blog looks good. Good luck with your class.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home